Reba Meigs, MPA
Mrs. Meigs has over 15 years of public health grant management experience. She’s designed, implemented and evaluated large-scale community-based programs and has provided evidenced based capacity building on health policy, systems and environmental change initiative’s through the state of California.
She's managed one of the largest federal nutrition education programs in the country-the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed). During her tenure, she helped design awarding winning programs like Children’s Power Play! Campaign; conducted legislative bills analysis; presented at national and state level conferences such as the California Association for Health, Physical Activity and Dance (CAHPERD) and the American Public Health Association (APHA) showcasing policy and evidence-based best practices; and published her work in the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, Vol. 43 No. 4S2, July/August 2011 issue, titled Network for a Healthy California: Evaluation Results of Multi-Level Nutrition Education through SNAP-Ed.
Reba has worked for organizations like the California Department of Public Health, Public Health Institute, Santa Clara and Marin County Public Health, and UC San Diego Pediatrics providing trainings to local health departments; evaluation support for the CDPH Rethink Your Drink Campaign; and managing various projects including organizational wellness policies, healthy retail initiatives, youth empowerment projects and school wellness frameworks for the.
Mrs. Meigs's work has received several recognitions including;
· Marin County Board of Supervisor’s, Innovation Award
· California Department of Public Health, Let’s Get Healthy Innovation Award
· Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Award
· National Farm to School Award
· Alliance for a Healthier Generation, School Wellness Award
· California Department of Public Health, Leveraging Funding Award
· United States Department of Agriculture, Children’s Healthy Body Initiative and a Leadership, Innovation, and Nutrition Collaboration Gold Award
· American Psychology Association, PsyChi Undergraduate Research Award
Reba has a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from San Diego State University. She lives Marin with her husband and two boys and loves hiking, reading, cooking, gardening, yoga and spending time with her family.
Norma Lisenko, MPH
Mrs. Lisenko is the founder of nonprofit organizationHealthy Cooking with Kids, Inc. with the mission of promoting healthy living and reduction of childhood obesity by developing cohesive partnerships and providing innovative and comprehensive wellness community programs.
Mrs. Lisenko has been a public health advocate for over 15 years with an emphasis in funds development, program planning, program development and program implementation. Her expertise also focuses on Policy, Systems and Environmental changes in the areas of children's health, nutrition, physical activity, special needs and minority populations.
Mrs. Lisenko is the development director with extensive experience in successful allocation of limited resources. She is an expert in building and maintaining strong community partnerships with government, public entities, non-for-profit organizations and local business.
Mrs. Lisenko has received several recognitions including:
· United States Department of Agriculture, Certificate of Appreciation for contribution to Nutrition Research.
· California Department of Public Health, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch, Leaders on the Move Scholarship Award.
· California Department of Public Health, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch, Selected Participant for the CalFresh Media Campaign
· California Department of Public Health, Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch, Champion for Change Award of Excellence for Gold Country Region
· America’s Promise Alliance 100 Best Communities for Young People, Special Recognition Certificate for Solano County
· Solano Board of Supervisors, Certificate of Appreciation for contribution to the Solano Fairgrounds Board of Directors.
· Marin County Board of Supervisor Recognition Award for Valuable Contribution and Dedication to the Department of Health and Human Services.
Mrs. Lisenko resides in Benicia with her husband and three beautiful children. She enjoys reading, exercising, traveling, eating healthy food and spending time with her family and friends.
Phone: (707) 205-5572
Franny Wong, MS, President
Health and Nutrition Manager
Children's Council of San Francisco
Stephanie O, Secretary
Chef & Owner
Hot Dish Catering
Corinne Quinn, MPH, Treasurer
California SNAP-Ed Administrator
Vallejo City Unified Schhol District
O. Johnson, Member-At-Large
SoFiT Network, SoFit Magazine
Katherine Hawksworth, Member-At-Large
California Project Lean